Sunday, November 29, 2009

How do I get rid of microsoft internet explorer error notice that keeps interrupting my work?

This "Microsoft Internet Explorer has encountered an error" message comes up thirty times a day, and I can't get rid of it. I lose work, messages and other mail because of it, and I can't get rid of it. I have Ad-Aware and I thought that would rid me of it, but I may not be using the Ad-Aware right. I'm very new at this, and I really could use some DETAILED help. The error thing says Thank You for reporting this, but nothing changes. It's driving me NUTS! HELP! PLEASE!



How do I get rid of microsoft internet explorer error notice that keeps interrupting my work?internet explorer



Does it pop up in a grey box? Does it say to go to some website to fix the error? And are you using DSL, cable ot dial up?



How do I get rid of microsoft internet explorer error notice that keeps interrupting my work?microsoft office internet explorer



umm restart ur comp?
you dont
Get Firefox !
When you use Ad-aware, chose to do a full system scan. YOu can also try to reload/reinstall IE (internet explorer - can be downloaded from Microsoft's website)
To turn off the error report notice -



Control Panel -%26gt; System Properies



Click the Advanced Tab



Just below the last section on the right click the "Error Reporting" button.



Select the "Disable Error Reporting" radio button and take the tick out of the "But notify me ....." check box.



This will stop the error reporting to Microsoft but won't cure your problem. Personally I've tried Ad-Aware and didn't rate it, Microsoft Windows Defender is better and will probably correct the problem as long as you have a genuine copy of windows :-)
First run a virus checker on your system. You would be best advised to go to BestBuy and get the McAfee Home Office Suite and it will provide you with the best protection.



Download an alternate browser such as Firefox : ( http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliat... ) and deactivate pop ups in the general control panel.



Because that pop up you are experiencing could be somehting that looks official but is actually a virus or worm in your system.
OK... Here's the thing realy.. If it's in a gray box, and shows no links to any other pages to fix it then you know it's a real Internet Explorer problem. Just seriously man get rid of Internet Explorer. I hate it.



What you should do is get FireFox. There's built in security, and pop up blocker, and it goes much faster. You probably already know this, but also another good browser is Opera. Get Opera, and FireFox then delete Ineternet Explorer. (in case you're like a few "blonde" people i've met it might be smart to get FirfeFox, or Opera BEFORE YOU DELETE INTERNET EXPLORER SO YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT.. Just an idea). Anyways this is a pretty common error, but here's a few things to think about to tell if it may be a virus-



Am I coenencted to cable, DNS, T1, or any other brodband internet service? (High speed internet is known as an "always on" connection. When virus makers scan to give people viruses you're most likely to be on the list then if you were on a closed dial-up connection. Plus virus makers don't realy target dial-up to slow down sites)



What was I doing when this started happening? Most likely the startup before it started happening? (pretty much explains itself)



Do I get a lot of junk mail, and have ever opened anything I didn't know what was? (I do it all the time... BUT i have about 30 different scanners and a realy good firewall)



Do you have a firewall? (I recomend ZoneAlarm. It blocks every access attempt unless you tell it to allow a certian program to access the internet. It saved my computer!!!)



Do you have any good virus scanners? (Nortan and McAfee are the best)



What programs have I been downloading? (I love downloading, but if this is your problem then get dial up cuz it takes 2 years to download then you just forget aobut it, and then walla... you notice.. hey.. my virus scanner didn't pick up anything this time, and your computer starts acting a lot better. Even credible sites could have problems)



What do I use my computer for? (If you handle online banking, your business, etc. off of that computer I would start to worry. Either way delete Ineternet Explorer)



Well hope this helps.
It sounds like you're either performing a function that uses IE (Internet Explorer) incorrectly, or your installation of IE is the problem itself.



Best thing to try first is go to Microsoft.com and make sure you have the latest updates for Internet Explorer. If you find none or installing them doesn't solve your problem, your next step would be to uninstall IE and reinstall it. If that doesn't solve your problems, then you might want to consider what you have installed on your computer or what you are doing that might be causing these IE errors to happen. That's the best I can do for you without looking at the problem for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
nortin