Wednesday, November 25, 2009

How do I fix a problem opening one Yahoo e-mail out of multiple e-mail accounts using Internet Explo

OS: Windows XP Home Edition, SP2



Browsers: IE7, Avant, Firefox, CrazyBrowser



We have multiple Yahoo e-mail accounts. The problem only occurs with one account. I can open the e-mail login page and login (confirmed by going to my "My Yahoo" page where I am logged in. I have tried every Mail link to get into my e-mail account).



The next thing that displays is an Internet Explorer error page stating "The program cannot display this page". (which indicates an IE issue?)



I have communicated with support services for: Yahoo, Avant (the browser I was using when the error message first appeared, kept displaying an AvantFind search page with an error message across the top), my ISP (kon-x), and IE. Each passes the fault on to another. I downgraded my IE--no joy!



With only one Yahoo e-mail account affected, could it be a script error for that e-mail account only? Any ideas? This is my personal, main e-mail account and the problem has been going on for nearly a month.



How do I fix a problem opening one Yahoo e-mail out of multiple e-mail accounts using Internet Explorer?microsoft internet explorer



It might fix the problem if you clear your browser's cache. Close the mail page, click Start %26gt; Control Panel %26gt; Internet Options (or on Internet Explorer toolbar click Tools %26gt; Internet Options) and delete Cookies, Temporary Internet Files, and History. You might also click Start %26gt; All Programs %26gt; Accessories %26gt; System Tools %26gt; Disk Cleanup %26gt; and run Disk Cleanup.



How to clear your browser's cache.



http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/ya...



How to clear your browser's cookies.



http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/ya...



How do I fix a problem opening one Yahoo e-mail out of multiple e-mail accounts using Internet Explorer?microsoft downloads internet explorer



Change to Firefox....
mabe see if it happens on a differant comp.
sounds serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
nortin