Sunday, November 29, 2009

Internet Explorer and VBScript Errors?

It may be a coincidence, but ever since I installed IE 7 on my PC the nightmare began. I have since uninstalled IE 7. Plus, my anti-virus software and personal firewall on my HP PC using Window Xp, Sp2. Now I am getting all kinds of script errors and unable to open some software when logged on as another user. Interesting some software works fine, depends on which user is logged on. These pesky script errors are giving me problems. I have downloaded and installed the Windows script 5.6 download and I get an installation error, stating "windows update" "an error occurred while setting up c:\windows\system32\vbscript.dll. This error has been logged and the installation will continue." I think this is my issue, but I have no idea how to fix it, short of a non-destructive recovery or worse. Specifically my windows media player, Itunes, and certain pages will not open or work. My Norton Personal Firewall had issues before I uninstalled it. Any advice or help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.



Internet Explorer and VBScript Errors?internet explorer update



VBscript is a scripting language for websites or also know as Visual Basic. It could be IE 7 does not recognize the script on the page as the code may reference something that it does not understand. This is probably because Microsoft released it before it was ready.



My suggestion is to scrap IE 7 and download Mozilla Firefox it is better and most IT people use it, so that should say something. It is safer and secure .

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
nortin